Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pittsburgh Wedding Planner | Vendor Spotlight: Katia Forero Photography

Warm-spirited, passionate, and genuine are three words that come to mind after I met with Katia Forero. Not to mention I LOVE her accent. She's a Pittsburgh Wedding & Portrait Photographer and prides herself on telling the story of your special day from behind her camera lens. We talked about everything from today's types of brides, to choosing the right photographer that fits your style, to both having an innate reaction to go above and beyond for our clients. Check out Katia Forero Photography on her website and blog and see if she is the right photographer for you. I know you'll love her work as much as we do :-) Meet Katia.

{Tell me a little bit about yourself.}
I am originally from Panama city, Panama but came to the U.S to study Fashion Design and Retail merchandising almost 13 years ago. I married my husband in 2005 and moved to Pittsburgh where I fell in love with photography. I am a storyteller and my camera is the way to tell the story of every couple's wedding day. My camera is an extension of my soul, is the way I see life. I could not imagine doing anything else the rest of my life.

{When did you fall in love with photography?}
I fell in love with photography while working for a Company in St. Louis as a Product Development Coordinator. I was in charge of catalog designs and of course I had to work side by side with the photographer. I was fascinated by this craft and could really picture myself working as a photographer one day.

{What is your number one piece of advice for brides?}
My number one advice for brides is to hire a photographer with which you have an instant connection. It is so important to have a connection with this person; he/she will be telling the story of your wedding day, allow them to get to know you better before your wedding day so they are able to capture your true personalities. You do that and I can assure you you will love your wedding images.

Happy Planning!
{she}

No comments:

Post a Comment